[CQ-Contest] SIGNING PORTABLE IN ARRL DX CONTEST

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SIGNING PORTABLE IN ARRL DX CONTEST
From: doncassel@compuserve.com (Don Cassel)
Date: Mon Feb 10 09:32:05 2003
Hi Bob,

As a mainly S&P'er also I have found that when I use VE3XD/W4 or my old call
VE3BUC/W4 the portable is often what catches attention. Operating mobile
here the extra time required to send the call is not significant as I spend
a lot more time tuning and calling than in actually making contacts. hi. It
seems to me that the argument for a short call sign is only of relevance
when running stations with pileups and then every second counts. Otherwise
is has little importance. IMHO.

CU in the ARRL Int CW
73,
Don VE3XD/W4 (VE3BUC)