[CQ-Contest] Guest OPS

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Guest OPS
From: sean@k8khz.com (Sean Fleming)
Date: Sun Mar 30 13:17:52 2003
This weekend I have found out there is a major flaw in our contest rules that
makes no sense to me. I went to my fathers station who has an extra license. I
have a general licese. But none the less I was the "Guest OP" there. Well that
is how I was going to do this. Until we questioned ourselves. How can I be the
"Guest OP" when I am using his call and his privilidges. I always see for
example XXXX @ YYYY.  So I now figured we had to be a MS1. Multi Single 1
transmitter. Why is this? Due to the fact that ham XXXX is operator 1 and YYYY
is operator 2 = 2 ops one station. YYYY doesn't even have to operate though he
is the Control station. He has to be there. So think of this in your mind.
There is no such thing as a "Guest OP" it is a Multi Single or Multi OP always.
Since as long as you use the station callsign and not yours call sign they are
the Control OP as I see it unless it is a club station callsign.

check out my website @ http://www.k8khz.com

You can reach me mobile on the Echolink callsign W8OAK.

Add me to your instant messenger AIM, Yahoo, ICQ. USER Name K8KHZ.