[CQ-Contest] QSO Party Spam

Subject: [CQ-Contest] QSO Party Spam
From: henry@summitschool.com (Henry)
Date: Sat Apr 5 14:50:30 2003
As a QSO party chair, I would like to see one announcement per
event. While I'd love to pile on heaps of announcements about our party, I
know its annoying. We do one announcement to CQ-contest, and then keep an
email list where we send notes to interested parties. If someone wants
off the list, they ask and its done.
While I think a lot of the FQP, I think its a bit overboard to bombard the
refelctors with daily messages.
Shouldnt the moderator take this issue up? I dont see other QSO party
events listing daily/weekly countdowns- only FQP.
I enjoy posts of all kinds, but the countdown thing is getting a bit old.
FWIW-
Henry, W2DZO
NC QSO Party chair