[CQ-Contest] WPX T/S interpretation

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX T/S interpretation
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Tue May 20 17:07:27 2003
At 12:05 PM 5/20/2003 -0400, Ron K8NZ <Nzharps@aol.com> asked:

>If I entered the upcoming cw WPX test in the T/S category using a triband
>yagi, a single trap vertical and a single open wire fed dipole, would that be
>within the rules of that class?

I believe so.  Ask N8BJQ directly if you want to be sure.  The spirit of
the rule:

- no monobanders
- no stacked tribanders
- no beam or multi-element antennas on the low bands

I operated in 1998 using a G5RV dipole and a Cushcraft R7 vertical and came
in 2nd place in the country on SSB.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC