[CQ-Contest] Re: Self Spotting in WPXCW

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Self Spotting in WPXCW
From: DF3KV@aol.com (DF3KV@aol.com)
Date: Fri May 30 19:03:27 2003
In einer eMail vom Fr, 30. Mai 2003 20:15 MEZ schreibt Jim George
<n3bb@mindspring.com>:

>I operate SOAB most of the time and don't use packet here, but I disagree
>that making packet illegal is the answer. ?Many people find packet
>enjoyable and it probably increases the activity in contests.
>
>The answer is to DQ the offenders. ?That will solve the problem.

That probably would help if you can make shure it was the operator himself
doing the spotting.
As you can?t verify that, the best is to leave it to the OP if he will use
cluster spots or not and have only one category.
Just make it legal to everybody.
This was done in Germany with the WAE-Contest very successfully.
Stations not cluster assisted just get an asterix to their result to show how
they operated.
Cutting the clusters over the contest weekend would cut the
activity of the casual stations.

73
Peter, DF3KV