[CQ-Contest] Re: Is this the way to "teach" budding Contesters?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Is this the way to "teach" budding Contesters?
From: hwardsil@centurytel.net (Ward Silver)
Date: Sat Jul 5 10:44:47 2003
> "9.3. Remember that the national simplex FM calling frequency of 146.52
> MHz should not be used for making Field Day contacts."
>
> This potential contesters introduction into contesting, and he's
> "coached" into breaking the rules!  Nice way to set an example.
>
> Yeah, some will say "lighten up" ... but rules are rules ... they apply
> to everyone all the time ... not just when folk feel like following them.

I should have just said "2 meters" :-)

It was the kid's FIRST QSO for cryin' out loud - I wasn't going to give him
a bad time about the frequency...and I sent a note to the guy I learned was
coaching.

Frankly, the 2-meter simplex frequencies are so dead out here (Seattle) that
even an intruder would be welcome - JUST KIDDING!!

73, Ward N0AX