[CQ-Contest] Was "R2" a valid Mult in IARU?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Was "R2" a valid Mult in IARU?
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sat Jul 19 09:22:28 2003
At 03:23 PM 7/18/03 -0500, you wrote:
>That is what VE6HF was sending each time I worked him. He is
>also in Zone 02. Is "R2" a special mult, or was this just his way of
>saying he is in IARU Zone 02?
>
>Roy -- AD5Q

 From the rules:  "Members of the IARU Administrative Council and the three
IARU regional Executive committees send "AC," "R1,""R2," and "R3" as
appropriate.... 8. Multipliers: The total number of ITU zones plus IARU
member society HQ stations worked on each band (not mode.) IARU officials
represent a maximum of four multipliers per band (AC, R1, R2 and R3)."

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 17 June 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm