[CQ-Contest] Was "R2"/now post contest bust

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Was "R2"/now post contest bust
From: k4bai@worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Wed Jul 23 11:46:59 2003
The way I read this thread was a little different.  I think VE6SH says
he could have been QRV using "R2" as an exchange, but was not.  I think
that means that VE6HF was saying something that was understood as R2,
but should have been zone 02.  Since he was not supposed to be saying R2
and could not count as R2, it should have been logged as 02.

If he was really saying R2, there should be some way for the contest
logging checking to delete anybody's claim for that multiplier from him,
but not to penalize the guys he worked for logging what he said or
sent.  So, in an ideal world, VE6HF gets disqualified for sending the
wrong exchange, and everyone gets credit for a QSO with him whether they
logged his exchange as R2 or 02 and no one gets a multiplier credit for
R2 from him, but would get credit for 02 if that zone was not otherwise
credited.

I suspect that is a hard thing for logging checkers to do.  No doubt
Dave is correct.  No change should be made to the logs now based upon
e-mail information received after the contest was over.

Fortunately for us, at K4AAA we did not work that station (I think).

73,

John, K4BAI.