[CQ-Contest] RE: Contesting from the basement

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: Contesting from the basement
From: rbrandon@austin.ibm.com (Robert Brandon)
Date: Fri Jul 25 13:23:35 2003
Most of the devices I use require a 5.5mm OD, 2.5mm ID coaxial connector.  I
replaced the jack in those that didn't.

I then made a couple of breakout boxes, each with eight pigtails and 5.5/2.5
connectors.  The input is one of those t-type molex plugs used on mobile
rigs.  Now I can plug my little Medusa gadgets into an Astron supply and get
good stable voltage.

I now have a bag full of wall warts for which I'm planning a slow, painful
death.

Robert K5PI