[CQ-Contest] W0CG Becomes PJ2DX

Subject: [CQ-Contest] W0CG Becomes PJ2DX
From: ghoward@kent.edu (Geoff Howard)
Date: Sun Aug 3 15:37:18 2003
Contesters,

After a seemingly interminable (and costly) four year bureaucratic effort,
I have finally been assigned a permanent Curacao callsign concurrent with
my obtaining permanent lifetime legal residency status in the Netherlands
Antilles.

Following on the path begun by W1BIH (who became PJ9JT), I'll now be
signing PJ2DX from the same QTH that John Thompson instituted in 1971. This
continues the long DXing and contesting tradition from the Coral Cliff area
of Curacao.

Our club group ( http://www.pj2t.org )will continue to contest as PJ2T, but
my casual operating and single op contesting from Curacao will use the new
PJ2DX callsign. I hope I can do half as well as John Thompson in setting a
standard for proficient and courteous CW operating.

      73,

            - Geoff, W0CG, PJ2DX