[CQ-Contest] If You Don't QSL, LISTEN UP!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] If You Don't QSL, LISTEN UP!
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Tue Aug 5 07:52:07 2003
AD1C perspective:

If I receive a stateside QSL, whether there is return postage or not, it will
be answered within a week.  Fortunately, Middlesex Co. MA isn't that rare, and
I don't have any children, so I have more time than some.

DX bureau cards tend to get a little behind.  They go into the computer when I
receive them, but only get stickered/mailed once every couple of years.

I have a better than 50% return rate with SASEs, but I will agree that
contesters tend to be worst of the lot. RTTY contesters in general are better
than CW/SSB. The best are the mobile county hunters, I send them an MRC (mobile
reply card) already filled out, they sign and return.  Almost 100% success.

I will upload my logs to LOTW when it's available, but I have no interest in
eQSL.

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC