Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Log Checking

To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Log Checking
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 22:05:32 -0400
At 12:32 PM 9/18/2003, Tree wrote:

The FIRST requirement of a log checking process from my perspective is that
it get the final order of finish "right".  I do spend some time looking over
close finishes to make sure the wrong decision isn't being made.

The SECOND reqirement should be for the process to be applied equally to
all of the logs.

We are meeting both of these requirements today.  We have never meet them
before computerized log checking.

I lost sight of this in the forest, and I apologize for arguing to get the score correct, rather than to get the results correct.

73 - Jim AD1C

-- Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA 01863 USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13 1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC