RE: [CQ-Contest] LoTW Usage - Will you use it???

To: k1ep@arrl.net, "Robert McGwier" <rwmcgwier@comcast.net>,"Cq-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] LoTW Usage - Will you use it???
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:11:55 -0400
At 06:16 AM 9/29/2003, Ed Parish K1EP wrote:

Doesn't it make sense that the ARRL should enter contest logs into LoTW? After all, they can verify QSOs by cross checking the logs of many of the participants. If they consider the post-UBN logs as good enough for publication and awards, then wouldn't those logs be better than the raw logs kept by the individuals to be submitted to LoTW?

When I submit my contest log to ARRL, it is for the purpose of scoring the contest ONLY. It does not give them carte blanche permission to do anything they want with it. I want final say over which of my data gets uploaded to LoTW.

73 - Jim AD1C

-- Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA 01863 USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13 1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC