Re: [CQ-Contest] LoTW Fee Schedule just released !!!

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LoTW Fee Schedule just released !!!
From: "Mike Gilmer - N2MG" <n2mg@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 06:40:18 -0700 (PDT)
Well, I sure don't think the ARRL is going to "get
rich" off the fees, and I would never fault them for
trying to generate income.  But if I did expect
payment, what would it amount to?  A penny or two per
QSO for each one used for credit?  Let's see...how
many stations are going to need *my* QSO for DXCC or
WAS credit?  Maybe 3, maybe 30 every contest.  Stop
the presses!

I figure that if LOTW saves me money on QSL responses,
that's payment enough.  Besides, if it makes another
ham happy by earning him an award for having worked a
contest, is that not good?

But one thing comes to mind, if (big if) it turns out
it can be determined that significant revenue *is*
generated from contest QSOs being used for award
credit, those that think we take up too much room in
QST should have less to gripe about.

Not likely though ;-)

Mike N2MG

http://www.peoplepc.com