[CQ-Contest] TS850 and 8P1A status

To: "'cq-contest@contesting.com'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] TS850 and 8P1A status
From: "Georgens, Tom" <tgeorgen@lsil.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:36:28 -0500
During the ARRL phone, several ops told me I had a carrier on my signal.  I
did not record which of the two radios was offending at the time.  Now that
I am back in Barbados, I decided to check.  It turns out that both TS850s
are doing it.  Does anybody out there have any ideas as to what might be
wrong?  Is there a setting I am missing?

Also, I am still hoping to be on as 8P1A this weekend but lightning damage
may preclude it.  I lost two rotators, two rotor control boxes (plus one
repaired), phone service, and partial power.  Rotors have been replaced,
phone service restored, but I periodically lose one phase coming in the
house.  IF not fixed, it is unlikely I will be on this weekend.

73, Tom W2SC 8P1A