Re: [CQ-Contest] Band edge --- how do you warn a guy?

To: <K-Zero-HB@earthlink.net>,"CQ Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Band edge --- how do you warn a guy?
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 23:28:39 -0600
Hi Hans,

Generous of you to want to ward off an infraction notice, but I'm not sure
why it's much of an issue.

Granted, I could just work the guy and not have to worry about band edge
concerns, but I think this is one case where enforcement should be left to
the enforcer (Riley).

An American voice peak south of the American band edge isn't going to open a
rift in space-time that's going to swallow the universe, so his violation
seems to be between him and the FCC.

I think the guys who want to report him are a bit like the schoolyard
tattletales: "Oh, oh, look at him! He SWORE! I'm telling! Teacher?"

Nobody has to convince me of the infraction at play. I know it's illegal for
you guys to have even one ionized particle resonate outside the mode
allocations, but unless you're going to lecture every jaywalker, report
everybody who parks more than 18 inches from the curb or complain to the
homeowner's association about the guy who, oh-the-humanity, left his garage
door open overnight, I'd just make sure my operation was legal and go find
someone else to work.

The ARRL wants a gentle reminder in the next results writeup. I think that's
sufficient.

73, kelly
ve4xt