Re: [CQ-Contest] Out of band during SS and other violations

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Out of band during SS and other violations
From: K4SB <k4sb@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 05:30:13 +0000
Lotsa very interesting and informative comments on this one. But,

1. We're not the FCC, so enforcement is not our job. Helping, or
trying to help someone is another story.

2. However, the ARRL does require something to the effect of "I have
obeyed all rules for the contest and all FCC regulations". Or maybe
that's gone now.

I don't like this any more than all of you, but if you feel strongly
enough, mail should be sent to the ARRL.

Personally, and it may just be an oversight on my part, I have never
seen in print the call of any station disqualified.

A couple of bad apples out of over 2400 calls is not too bad.

73 and tnx for all of you who listened hard for that puny signal from
me.

Ed