Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Operation With Confusing Callsigns

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Operation With Confusing Callsigns
From: "Ron Notarius WN3VAW" <wn3vaw@fyi.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:46:39 -0500
Zack,

You know, until I just read your post, I didn't realize that Romeo had and
still has a US callsign!  Only now he'd be signing W4/AH0M.

For some reason, this all reminds me of the rants that a certain list
moderator... no, another list... used to make about non-US individuals who
were taking all the "good" Extra Class calls from his area in the Pacific,
and using them as "vanity" calls even though some of them never even set
foot in his entity.  Said individual used to foam at the mouth at the
thought of someone who didn't live in that area holding a call from there.

Of course, he stopped ranting about it when he moved back to the US... and
kept his call too.  But that digression is a whole 'nother story for a
different thread...

73, ron wn3vaw

"What's the point in being crazy if you can't have a little fun with it?"
-- Russell Crowe portraying John Nash, "A Beautiful Mind"