Re: [CQ-Contest] my FRIEND is spotting me

To: "Bob Naumann - N5NJ" <n5nj@gte.net>,"Lee Hiers" <aa4ga@contesting.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] my FRIEND is spotting me
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 19:44:07 -00
> From: Bob Naumann - N5NJ <n5nj@gte.net>
>
> Perhaps, it is a subtle thing, but I do see such even loosely organized or
> planned spotting as cheating.
>
> *Truly random* spotting of friends or acquaintances is not a problem.  The
> issue is, should you avoid the issue altogether and just not spot friends
> avoid any appearance of impropriety?  Some are suggesting that you should.
>
> 73,
> Bob N5NJ

The solution is simple.  Just before the contest, flame all your buddies
and acquaintences on the reflector.  Then they'll be pissed off at you and
won't be your friend for a couple of days, so you can spot them at will and
no one will be able to accuse you of spotting your friends.

Actually I think you all are in danger of heart damage from all this
mountain climbing amongst the molehills.

I'll be on 160 this weekend, but since I just pissed you all off, you can
spot me as much as you want.  If no-one spots me, then I'll assume you're
all still my friends.

73, de Hans, K0HB