Re: [CQ-Contest] my FRIEND is spotting me

To: <K-Zero-HB@earthlink.net>, "Bob Naumann - N5NJ" <n5nj@gte.net>,"Lee Hiers" <aa4ga@contesting.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] my FRIEND is spotting me
From: "Russell Hill" <rustyhill@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 09:26:43 -0600
Very Nice, Hans.

My gal asks:  If a contester pays professionals to put up his tower, as I
paid a professional to dig a hole, do the steel cage, and supervise the
concrete pour for the base, then is he (or I) now "professionally assisted"
in an "amateur" activity and therefore disqualified from even participating?

Come to think of it, I probably shouldn't even be using a commercially
produced rig, nor should I check the internet for propagation forecasts.

I have never used packet, if fact do not even know how to, but I have had
the philosophy that packet use by a single operator himself  is simply
another (attention diverting) tool at his disposal.  And with the flood of
spotting which obviously occurs, how can anyone possibly police who spots
whom, and why?

I personally believe all of us operate in all phases of life within our own
personal system of right and wrong, and right or wrong means different
things to different folks.  Those who would win at all costs have different
personal beliefs than others who desire to win playing by other personal
beliefs. Arguing about beliefs probably won't change much.

I'll be up 5.

73, Rusty
NA5TR