[CQ-Contest] Sprint date change - I am NOT HAPPY

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Sprint date change - I am NOT HAPPY
From: "Scott R." <w4pa@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 08:20:27 -0800 (PST)
>It was quickly determined that the weekend of January 31/Feb 1 would
be
>a better time for the contest.  Therefore, the "new formula" for the
>CW Sprint date in February contains an exception for when the contest
>falls on Valentines Day, where it will jump up two weeks (before the
>phone Sprint).  This still avoids any conflict with the FOC marathon.

That's great.  TERRIFIC.  I scheduled myself for a trip that weekend
because, of course, the CW Sprint is the weekend of February 15th and I
wanted to be sure I'd be around that weekend to operate it.

I have to say that changing the date of a contest two months beforehand
when the date has been published for quite some time in advance is a
BAD IDEA.  We did this with the CW Sprint to avoid Labor Day weekend
once before on short notice and that short-notice date change was
shouted down.  I strongly suggest this change be revoked, Tree.

Anyone else ticked off about this?

Scott Robbins, W4PA

=====
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." --
Bertrand Russell

http://photos.yahoo.com/