Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest computer - here's what I did

To: "CQ-Contest" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest computer - here's what I did
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 06:59:51 -0500
At 01:08 AM 12/12/03 +0000, K0HB wrote:
This seems to me to be the most painless way of making this transition for
folks who have a similar situation to mine.  Just buy one new box and a
switch, set it down beside your old one, and tie them together, with no
need to disturb your old 'logging computer' in any fashion.  What could be
simpler?

Just a couple of cautions from my own hard experience. Don't buy a mechanical KVM switch, even though that may seem like the least expensive solution, and don't try to move a hard drive from one machine to another and expect the operating system and applications to work because "it all worked together before." The registry problems will turn your hair white, what you have left after pulling most of it out.

73, Pete N4ZR Happy Holidays Check out the World HF Contest Station Database at www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm