RE: [CQ-Contest] 10M trucker-busting old fogies

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] 10M trucker-busting old fogies
From: Kris Mraz <kilo.mike@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 11:38:36 -0600
David Robbins K1TTT said:
> I have always thought the spotting network would be good for that and
> still frequently announce (with a/f not dx spots) frequencies and
> locations that I can figure out on there for stateside intruders.
> Unfortunately I don't know how far they get any more as some sysops have
> decided that defense of our frequencies is not an appropriate use of the
> spotting network and have filtered out the announces.  And now with
> sunspots declining the interest in 10m will be dropping so there won't
> be as many operators monitoring there.

David,

I remember your efforts in the past. And I remember some of the negative
things said by some hams regarding those efforts. Here's an idea for
another pirate spotting network. Have a web page for real time reporting
from spotters and use RSS technology for real time distribution of the
info to those interesting in monitoring the spots.

Kris N5KM