RE: [CQ-Contest] NAQP and the rest of the contests

To: <Mike.Tessmer@hillmangroup.com>, <CQ-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] NAQP and the rest of the contests
From: "Felipe J. Hernandez" <felipe@isla.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 10:36:10 -0400
Im here just trying to read all posts of this NAQP issue...

That I can recall, Ive never seen this much feedback on a contest before (
not in a Shorter contest anyway)
This only tells me that NAQP is becoming a mayor event..so why change it?
Create a new contest and if people
like it they will support it.
Short contests are coming as an alternative to longer contests that require
full commitment of time and operators.
all this nonsense of having 1500 contests that attract very little interest
minimize the opportunity to operators
to really get properly trained for the prime time events.

I know that every country will like to host its own, but lets think for a
second, what is the purpose?
Is it to get their local operators to practice or just to have a bunch of
local guys to call CQ and get a few answers back?
It will be easier if these clubs will sponsor some plaques for their local
amateurs on these big events on these smaller regional events.

I think Europe and Asia are in the right track by having local Sprints and
"domestic like contests", i think the same should happen in other
continents, It would be great if the local groups will offer plaques to
their local amateurs
for participation. I think the russian contest is a good example..im not
sure

The same in the USA with the many contest clubs that are competing, i think
these plaques are a very large contribution
to contesting at a very little monetary expense. certificates are nice but
at the end of the day they are just "wall paper"

I think we are trying to keep competition and more interest to the
contesting world, for that a contesting comittee should be created to
analize these options.

I will contribute with a outside usa/canada plaque for NAQP for the highest
scoring
local amateur on both modes others interested? Any clubs interested in
surrendering your local contest for a
better regional shorter one?

the reason for this attention to the NAQP is the lack of time that most of
the competitors have, wouldnt it be nice to
have a little 12 hr cqww twice a year to practice for the big one?
Short contests are coming... watch out

Felipe
NP4Z/KP3Z