[CQ-Contest] Contest reflector and spam blockers

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest reflector and spam blockers
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:10:06 -0600
Hi all,

I'm sending this with the blessing of the list administrator, who's as
annoyed by this stuff as I am. But please, do NOT start a thread on this.
E-mail me privately if you want. My flame-retardent suit is at the ready.

I tried to send a helpful e-mail to a query about SO2R and got this back:

You just sent an email to my name@withheld.com account, which is now being
managed by my Mailblocks spam-free email service. Because this is the first
time you have sent to this email account, please confirm yourself so you'll
be recognized when you send to me in the future.

It just strikes me as the height of disrespect that after I've taken the
time to compose a helpful e-mail, you're going to tell me that I have to now
go further out of my way to send it to you. As if!

My e-mail is not protected by Mailblocks, and yes, I have to delete a fair
number of spams (there's 248, down from about 300 when I started, messages
in my inbox now, probably only about 30 are legit), but it's not that
onerous (and the bonus is that a few True North/SO2R/geographic disparity
whines get tossed at the same time!)

I'm not jumping through the Mailblocks hoops or any others, for that matter.
If you don't want help, don't post to the reflector.

73, kelly
ve4xt