[CQ-Contest] SO2R audio spike problem

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R audio spike problem
From: "Barkey, Patrick M." <pbarkey@bsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 15:06:17 -0500
I've been running a pair of IC-765's with a N6TR-style
two radio switch box for quite some time.  This is the
one described in http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr/trlog/switch.pdf

I have noticed on SSB for some time that whenever I
switch between radios, the VOX on the radio I am
switching towards pops.  I have a very short delay, so
this is not a big deal.

The problem is this.  Many times after switching my mike
to radio #2 to work a multiplier, and then back to radio #1
to call CQ, I loose audio output from my microphone
and my DVP entirely.  It will be dead for about 5-10 seconds.

If I leave the VOX off on both radios, this never happens.
But I like to use VOX, so this isn't a great solution.

I am using a Heil Pro-Set mike with a DX element.

Anybody got any suggestions for a solution?  Thanks.

  - Pat
    N9RV