[CQ-Contest] Multi-Multi Contest Station Bubble Feeding

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Multi-Multi Contest Station Bubble Feeding
From: "Dale L Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:43:47 -0600

Whales use different tactics to catch fish. On of the most interesting ways they feed is to use a cloud of bubbles to concentrate the prey. The whale or whales swim underwater releasing clouds of bubbles that rise to the surface in a dense cloud. Perhaps the tiny fish try to hide in the cloud of bubbles or maybe the bubbles just confuse the fish. The whale then swims through the bubble clouds catching all the fish.

Instant messaging? Echolink? IRC Chat Rooms? During Contests?

I can just imagine the conversation in the Multi-Multi chat room during a contest:

K1TTT: All stations: we've just found a loose concentration of unworked single-ops calling CQ between 3522 and 3537.

W3LPL: Okay. We'll ooch up on 'em from 3522. W4MYA, can you start moving them down from 3537? Once we get them uncomfortably close together, they'll jump to S&P and we can nail them as they move out.

K5GO: We're just below K1TTT, so we should be able to pick off the ones who have skipped TTT.

KC1XX: Hopefully, no one will jump in the middle and mess everything up for us.

N2RM: Hey! We've just found another group on 7042-7055. I'll take 7055 and move 'em down. Who can help by pressing from below? .......

73, dale, kg5u