Re: [CQ-Contest] Multi-Multi Contest Station Bubble Feeding

To: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Multi-Multi Contest Station Bubble Feeding
From: "Dick Pechie" <kb1h@myeastern.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:54:15 -0500
I agree Dave. As you know I had hoped we could have done something with your
station, k1RX, and KB1H last year but it didn't happen. Maybe the Instant
Messenger idea will be good for now but I think the real time scoring such
as was tried at WRTC would be really neat. Not only are there spare ops
sitting around but as an organizer of a M/M station this is a good format
for gauging how you are doing. Questions that you brought up like are we
running on the right band? What mults have been worked or missed? Even a
regional or within the club competition, ie. FRC guys chatting amongst
themselves and YCCC guys chatting amongst themselves about strategy would be
good. Snapshots of "to the moment" breakdowns. We most always seem to miss
the JA run that K1KI finds and hear about after the contest. Now with 4
permanent stations set up we have a better chance of hearing the opening
now.

I think it would be a good idea that needs to be investigated further.

Dick

Visit "The Barnstormers Contest Group - NZ1U"
website http://www.qsl.net/kb1h/

Email KB1H@arrl.net   YCCC----> http://www.yccc.org/

KB1H DXSpider Node ------>  dxc.kb1h.com port 7300  or MS Default port 23