[CQ-Contest] Jim White, K4OJ - Thanks for being a friend

To: CQ-Contest Post <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Jim White, K4OJ - Thanks for being a friend
From: Jim Idelson <k1ir@designet.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:37:24 -0500
Jim left Worcester Polytech [WPI] just a year before I arrived there in '76.
So, I only got to know Jim starting five years ago when I returned to the hobby
and we met in Dayton, but he quickly became a good bud. This is just one
example of the kind of guy he was. Jim sent me this unsolicited message after
the 2003 CW WW. We had been conversing via email about the pain and pleasure of
Ring Rotors, long masts and everything else. He really did care about much more
more than his own endeavors; he cared just as much about what others were
doing, too. I am happy to have known Jim.

73,

Jim Idelson K1IR
email    k1ir at designet.com
web    http://www.designet.com/k1ir