Re: [CQ-Contest] saving us from ourselves

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, <jfunk@adams.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] saving us from ourselves
From: "Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO)" <frugoli@worldlinkisp.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 20:12:36 -0500
Computer interfaces are a godsend on 40 and 80.  That's my answer to save us.
I never touch the split button on my rig anymore, I just hit the "-" key and
enter the correct fequency (if it wasn't in the packet spot) and let the
computer do the rest.

I would love it if contest logging sofware authors would implement a way to
inhibit trasmittion of at least computer generated stuff (cw and voice
messages) if the transmit VFO is set outside a bandplan designated by the user.
 And when you change to 40M or 80M and tune the vfo below the preset
frequencies, automatically turn the split on and set vfo B to a frequency in
the phone band.  Seems like it would be possible.

73 de Al, KE1FO