[CQ-Contest] IC7800 -

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] IC7800 -
From: "Ragnar Otterstad" <otterstad@enter.vg>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:39:28 +0100
I called ICOM technical support to ask if the IC7800's two
receivers could be simultaneously controlled by one knob,
for physical diversity reception.  Tech support said they
would have to get back to me.  No reply in a week.

Left same question in the voice mail for the Product Manager
of the IC7800, no reply in the second week.

I assume the absence of a reply is NO, so I'm ordering an
Orion, as those specs clearly state that it does support
physical antenna diversity reception.

Barry, W5GN

---------

Why the panic ?  New equipment / cars / you name it  always have teething
problems.
( With the possible exception of Toyota cars !  hi )

Fo that reason I never buy the latest of anything  but rather wait some 12
months before
considering buying.  That has saved me a lot of agrevation over the years !

73   Rag LA5HE