RE: [CQ-Contest] SO3R???

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] SO3R???
From: CT1BOH - José Carlos Cardoso Nunes <ct1boh@sapo.pt>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 21:42:07 +0100
There are several ways to explore SO3R:

Here is one than can be done from Aruba @P40E:

Radio 1: I'am running on 20 (during night time) beaming USA and EU
Radio 2: S&P on 15 on a very quiet band beaming west/south looking Pacific
and Asia long path multipliers
Radio 3: on and almost dead 10 meter band with no USA or EU propagation,
transmit an automatic fast CQ or just my Call P40E, right after each TX on
radio 1, looking for those elusive Pacific or Asia long path or Indian ocean
Short path multipliers to call you

Now the trick is when to listen on that radio 3 because you are sharing RX
with radio 1, which is RUN radio, and you dont want to mess the incoming
calls?

1. Dont't RX all the time but look at the S meter, if the radio has a
spectrum display it's even easier
2. RX radio1+radio3 ONLY right after you send other station RST+Zone with
run radio 1

73 José
CT1BOH