Re: [CQ-Contest] SO3R??? (fwd)

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO3R??? (fwd)
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 09 Apr 2004 10:35:15 -0500
On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 08:08, kd4d@comcast.net wrote:
> SO2R, single-band isn't that uncommon.  I've done it twice.  The
> big M/M stations, at least, are set up so they can operate two
> radios on one band AND hear when the other station is transmitting.

I've seen it done at K3LR.  (works great! - Ward is as good at
multiplier hunting as he is at writing...)

Still, my impression is that being able to receive on one band while
transmitting on the same band is a very scarce capability *at single-op
stations*.  Maybe not true?
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66