Re: [CQ-Contest] SO3R??? (fwd)

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO3R??? (fwd)
From: "Brian Campbell" <VY2MGY@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 09:12:09 -0400
I have been doing this for the last number of years when I am SOSB 160.
Using the main VFO on my IC756 I will call CQ and while waiting
for a reply I will spin the second VFO, using split rx, up or down the
band looking for new ones or checking sig levels on a station I haven't
yet been able to work looking for an increase in sig level, which usually
allows him to hear me. Not true SO2R but it definitely helps, after you
get comfortable with it of course.

73 Brian
VE3MGY