[CQ-Contest] WWYC at Dayton

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, <wwyc@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WWYC at Dayton
From: "K9YO-Cedrick W. Johnson" <k9yo@cedrick.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 16:43:07 -0400
Howdy-

First off, we would like to say thanks for the support and fun times at
Dayton this year! We've grown leaps and bounds every year, and without the
support and encouragement  of the contesting community, we wouldn't be able
to grow as much as we have.

With that said, this year I was supposed to bring WWYC membership forms. I
dropped the ball (actually forgot to order wax sticks for the printer here).
So, there were a lot of people asking about WWYC and who we are, how to
join, etc. Here's a brief blurb from our website, and if you were at Dayton
and are interested in joining, or your son/daughter was at Dayton and
expressed an interest in joining, visit our website at www.wwyc.net

About WWYC
World Wide Young Contesters (WWYC) is an amateur radio contest club that was
created in November 1999. The club was created from an idea of a few teenage
contest friends, OZ1AA, LZ5AZ, 9A6XX, YT7AW, SM3WMV. The whole point was
simple and clear, to gather together and encourage all young HF or VHF
contesters around the world, and also to encourage them to become more
active and more competitive in contesting. WWYC has grown since 1999, from a
group of roughly 10 hams to over 300 members. What is most important is that
our members have established strong friendships and created unforgettable
moments with collegaues, as well as overcoming great challenges and
rivalries which has taken our membership past hurdles they never thought
they would pass.

Our club was founded and remains mostly based on our mailing list, where we
usually exchange ideas and thoughts on contests, our contest plans or other
topics of a fun nature. This list is something each real WWYCer reads and
actively participates in. For those members who can't get enough of
contesting, you will usually find them in our WWYC chat channel on Internet
Relay Chat (IRC). The WWYC chat has grown quite a bit since 1999 and is a
realtime forum for member interaction and fun times.

WWYC Mailing list:

WWYC IRC Chat:
Server: irc.radiochat.org
Port: 6667
Channel: #wwyc

If you're interested in joining WWYC, there are NO DUES. Just participate
and make it known that you are a member of WWYC. You can join one of two
ways:
1) Go to our website at www.wwyc.net and click on the Join Us button

2) If there is a problem with the site, send an email to me and I will get
your information pointed to the right person. k9yo@cedrick.net

73 and C U in the pileups,
Fred, K9YO
WWYC #42