Re: [CQ-Contest] Dayton atendees - tell us about the new Yaesu

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dayton atendees - tell us about the new Yaesu
From: "Ron Notarius" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 13:58:18 -0400
Oh, you mean the Pheasant Under Glass?

The new rig was on a pedestal inside a Plexiglas case.  It was clearly a
non-working model; the two "displays" were just cutouts meant to show what
they intend the display to look like.

Is the rig worth the US$12K or so they plan to ask for it?  Who knows?
Looked pretty, but as we all know, looks aren't everything.

The specs sounded impressive, but they were all stated with the caveat of
"subject to change," so I wouldn't go by anything you read until one of
these roadhogs actually hits the streets, so to speak.

The real question is, for that price, is it worth 3 Orion's?  Based on the
description, it only seemed on par with one, not vastly superior to one.
But again, until the rig comes out, who knows?

73, ron wn3vaw