Re[2]: [CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re[2]: [CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation
From: Art RX9TX <rx9tx@esoo.ru>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 14:02:14 +0000
 Hello Igor,

 Thursday, May 20, 2004 Igor Sokolov wrote to cq-contest@contesting.com:

IS> That initial hassle is a bit too much. Why should I send photocopy of my
IS> license and passport by snail mail when I could as well scan it and send it
IS> by email. What is the difference?

This  has  been discussed in russian reclectors many times. A "hacker"
or  possible cheater will not deal with hard copies, but sure will try
with  the scan files. So the hard copies are the first line of defence
:)

IS> Besides, my license is already on  eqsl.cc

And  what?  I had uploaded my logs to the e-qsl and and received about
200  confirmation  requests for the QSOs never been made. I even could
"confirm" them.

IS> I  thought  the  whole  idea is to avoide using post office in the
IS> beginning of the 21st century whenever possible.

The whole idea is to protect the system of profanation and unnecessary
simplification.

IS> So for the time being I will continue sending updates of my log to
IS> my  QSL  manager  who does not require my sending him photocopy of
IS> passport and license by snail mail.

You  are  fighting  the  mills.  Is  it  really THAT hard to send them
photocopies?

--
 73...Art RX9TX        20-May-04 13:47 UTC

 "Real knowledge is to know the extent of ones ignorance."     [Confucius]