Re: RE: [CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: RE: [CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation
From: "Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO)" <frugoli@worldlinkisp.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 12:53:09 -0400
Darryl Wagoner - WA1GON wrote:
> Wonder no more!  First with banks you have already proven who you are
> when you opening the account most likely in person.

In person at my LOCAL BRANCH.  That seems to be the catch here, folks not
wanting to deal with sending "sensitive documents" through the mail.  Don't get
me wrong, I like and use LOTW, but maybe part of the ARRL field orginization
could be a LOTW checker who would verify identity at local events (hamfests,
club meetings, section conventions).  Something similar could be done with
other national radio orginizations in foreign countries so that "sensitive
documents" never have to be sent through the mail.

Just my .02.

73 de Al, KE1FO