Re[6]: [CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re[6]: [CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation
From: Jim Rhodes <k0xu@iowadsl.net>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 01:20:06 -0500
I am sure the resistance does not stem from the fact that LOTW might cause a decrease in the flow of green stamps to some operators. But it could sure look like that to some of us.

At 08:56 PM 5/21/04, Art RX9TX wrote:
Hello Igor,

Friday, May 21, 2004 Igor Sokolov wrote to Art RX9TX:

IS> Those who need my cards can get them . The complete info is on QRZ.com

I hate handling paper cards after trying advantages of LoTW submission
to  the  ARRL  awards.  I  hate printing the cards, sending, checking,
sorting and sending to the ARRL. So I do not need your paper card.

IS> As  for  your  request  just DIY. Upload your log for the previous
IS> contest and check for confirmations. Then never work those who did
IS> not  do  it your way. That way you will increase the popularity of
IS> the LOTW to a great extend.

Actuaally I do not think LoTW needs any popularizataion except list of
supported  awards  extension. So lets leave it as is. "The summer will
come", with or without your logs.

--
 73...Art RX9TX          22-May-04 01:52 UTC

"Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent." (Napolean Bonaparte)

Jim Rhodes K0XU jim@rhodesend.net

Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.