Re: [CQ-Contest] 160M in CW WPX

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 160M in CW WPX
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 10:56:57 EDT
In a message dated 5/24/04 10:40:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
n4zr@contesting.com writes:
It's been a few years since I last did the CW WPX, and I didn't have a 160M
antenna then.  The question, basically, is whether it's worth spending time
on 160 and, if so, what sort of schedule people tend to observe?  Do you go
from 40 or 80 to 160 during the night at intervals, or???

It's like going to the dentist - pulling one QSO at a time. Considering the
summertime, scoring structure, multipliers counting once regardless of band, it
is not your most favorite band.
Typically people drop down to 160 on the hour, work untill pileup dries up
and never come back (all band types). Those that are "sentenced" to single band
160, of course "enjoy" working anything that cares to show up. With lower
sunspots and chopped off activity on higher bands, there will be more and more
visitors to 160. Double points help a bit, but not a big deal. Worth dropping
down, being fresh meat, working the pileup till dries up and back to more
productive bands.

73 and GL

Yuri, K3BU.us
www.computeradio.us - home of Dream Radio One