[CQ-Contest] Beginning Contesting?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Beginning Contesting?
From: "Deni" <deni1@tiscali.fr>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 15:43:11 +0200
I am a long time ham, but not tried modern day contesting, just some Field
days when contesting was a lot different many years ago.
I think I am aware of the requirements but having problems setting up the PC
interface.
1. I want to operate CW tests using my Kenwood 950 with CAT
2. I want to use my laptop with *one* serial port to do *both*  the CAT and
CW keying (real CW keying not by feeding audio in on SSB)
3. I want to use either or all of  these programs N1MM, MixW, Commcat.

Any pointers on how this should be configured as regards CW keying and CAT
from one serial port, is it possible? I can get CAT working fine but cannot
get true CW keying to work,  I can send CW by using SSB mode and feeding a
tone in but that is not the way I want to generate CW. .
I am using cables from W1GEE,  the LCU3-K for CAT and the LCU-BA with a
rigblaster all of which I know to be good, it's just me.
Any help or general pointers in getting this set up will be appreciated,
thanks.

73, Deni
F5VJC, GM3SKN