[CQ-Contest] CW Sprint: a W5 Team

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CW Sprint: a W5 Team
From: Jim George <n3bb@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:16:38 -0500

The Central Texas DX and Contest Club, CTDXCC, has been an active sponsor of Sprint teams for many years. We call them the "Austin Powers" team(s), but we have had operators from all over Texas join us. After all, everyone is a soul mate of The Live Music Capital of the World! To add to the post by Scott, W4PA, we would extend our sincere invitation to any W5, in addition to any CTDXCC member or friend or reflector reader (or anyone else) to join us on one of several Austin Powers teams which are forming for the upcoming September CW Sprint. So far, we have "one and a half" teams populated by hams in Austin, Houston, Alpine, New Iberia, LA, San Antonio, Hillsborough, and College Station We are serious about the Sprint, but in a positive way. The main objective here is to encourage activity, as it rejuvenates the soul, and certainly enlivens the spirit for "the fastest four hours in ham radio."

Please email me if you are interested. If you haven't tried the Sprint before, or need a refresher, there are plenty of operating aids which can help. Or I'll be glad to talk you through them on the phone.

Jim George N3BB

Also, we also will support the minute of silence in memory of W4AN.

de W4PA:

In case you missed it in the last NCJ Sprint results, Tree N6TR asked
for a voluntary 1 minute silence at the 0000Z Sprint Sept 12 start in
memory of Bill. I intend to honor that request and would encourage
others to do so as well.