Re: [CQ-Contest] cqww ssb spotting report

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cqww ssb spotting report
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 19:05:57 +0000
K0HB added:

> i'm just come back home from Cape Verde and
> i'm very surprised to see that there are some "comments"
> about my operations and about who spotted me
> on the cluster network.

It's a sad commentary that circumstances force you to defend your
reputation against thinly-investigated public innuendo.

Recklessly splashing the reflectors with "I wonder about this guy"
jeremiads is so much easier than ferreting out the facts before you stain
some ones good name.

Turns out somebody at D44TD _did_ spot D44TD & the operator confirmed it happened.

What appeared to be self-spotting turned out to be an in-house cheerleader
instead - something folks in a similar situation to IV3TAN had better consider
in future.

I look forward to seeing a post from K0HB countering a potential dodgy
spotter from one of K1TTT's reports - something with substance - instead of
reckless splashes.

73, VR2BrettGraham