[CQ-Contest] VY1JA in SS

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] VY1JA in SS
From: Jim George <n3bb@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 09:26:22 -0600
I came across J in the usual huge VY1JA pile up on 15 meters on Sunday afternoon, and like most everyone, I needed NWT for the sweep. To make a long story short, I had a hard time copying the exchange even though his signal was S9 here. I was talking to K5NA the next day and was not able to explain how hard it was to copy; it was like the characters were chopped off. I had to listen to the next five QSOs to be able to copy the CK.

My QSO with J was difficult. Anyhow, I wrote J a private (snail) letter the next day, and then when he posted an email after the contest I sent him an email saying essentially the same thing that was in the letter. J sent a very high integrity and classy private response to me. It's a pleasure to have reinforced what fine people we have in this hobby. I wanted to comment on this publicly and compliment J.

Jim George N3BB