RE: [CQ-Contest] Packet Cheerleaders

To: "'Kelly Taylor'" <ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Packet Cheerleaders
From: "Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 08:58:07 -0700
It would be interesting to correlate the spots with actually
contest-pedition logs to see if indeed there was a spike in the rate.

I have no issues with cheerleading as long as it is not done by those that
are part of the operation.  We can't control others.  If the cluster owners
want to clip a guys keyboard for over spotting fine, but you can't penalize
the guy being spotted.

Self spotting is a problem.  If your buddy wants to spend all contest
chasing you around the bands and spotting you so be it.  I bet it doesn't
happen that much.

Mike
W0MU