Re: [CQ-Contest] Packet Cheerleaders-enforement

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Packet Cheerleaders-enforement
From: "Bob Naumann - N5NJ" <n5nj@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 07:20:49 -0600
OK, so let's just throw out all the contest rules, since there are ways to
cheat every one of them.

Now, seriously:

I'm sorry, but I cannot believe that we cannot define proper contest behavior
in the rules, enforceable or not, just because some people without ethics and
personal honor, might choose to do otherwise.

As an example: "Ok, so, I make one, than sign on the telnet cluster with a
phoney call...."

Signing onto a cluster with a phoney call to get around a rule is cheating.
How can there be a debate of that?

I hate to say it, and it deeply distresses me to say so, but this is beginning
to sound like we need may to define what "is" is, related to "is cheating".

N5NJ