Re: [CQ-Contest] Another gratuitous SS-CW trick

To: Jim Cain <cainjim@mindspring.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Another gratuitous SS-CW trick
From: John Geiger <johngeig@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:21:36 -0800 (PST)
So then any casual QSOs I make before the SS starts,
even if they aren't to hold a frequency, must be added
to my 24 hour limit?  Wouldn't that also limit me to
what bands I operate on?  If I make a QSO on or listen
to the local 2 meter repeater, I have to add that to
my SS time, but now I just violated the SS rules by
using an unauthorized band.

73s John NE0P