Re: [CQ-Contest] Another gratuitous SS-CW trick

To: Steve Root <steve.root@culligan4water.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Another gratuitous SS-CW trick
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:43:04 -0800
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:22:33 +0000, Steve Root wrote:

>Just where do you draw the line on pre-contest preparation?
>An hour before the starting gun, a day, a week?
>
>I'm supposed to stay away from my rig before I operate a contest?

As I recall, the original question was about transmitting in order to:

1.  Attract attention without actually making contest QSOs.
2.  Establish and hold a frequency prior to but for the contest.

IMO, both of those are unethical and should be banned.  Tune up your
rig if you like, but don't start contesting until the contest starts.

--
Bill W6WRT