RE: [CQ-Contest] Re: SS-CW Tricks et al.

To: <sawyered@earthlink.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Re: SS-CW Tricks et al.
From: "AE9B KCWEB" <ae9b@kcweb.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:58:12 -0600
Ed,

All good points but the final one bears some comment
"I agree with many who have stated that we shouldn't do anything to alienate
the casual contester.  What we should do is insist that if an organization
is going to run a contest they need to be ready to enforce their own rules."

OR WHAT? We have similar situation in all of life...
if they are not willing to enforce the rules what are you going to do about
it?
Are you going to get even 10% of ARRL members to give up their membership
over it? NO WAY
Are you going to get 10-15% of CQ subscribers to give up their magazine? NO
WAY
Are you going to get any of the sponsors to pull their advertisement over
this? NO WAY.

I'm not saying any of this makes it OK the cheat. But THIS ^ Is reality.

Best 73
Tom
AE9B