Re: [CQ-Contest] Finding a spot before the contest de VY1JA

To: "J. Allen" <vy1ja@northwestel.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Finding a spot before the contest de VY1JA
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:19:44 +0000
Hi Jay:

There is nothing in the rules about not being able to
start CQ'ing on a frequency before the contest starts.
Heck, I usually do it myself.  This is not a problem
for the contest sponsors and I've certainly never
heard of anyone being disqualified for doing it!

Some are advocating a rule change, or (I think) claiming
this is somehow unethical, but there does not appear to
be a consensus.

I hope to work you early in SSB this weekend.  Thanks
for the multiplier in CW!

73,

Mark, KD4D